While we condemn this administration’s actions on immigration (and mostly everything else) as well as the involvement of ICE at all times of the year, the actions taken during this time of COVID-19 is especially disturbing.
California and the rest of the country continue to encourage people to stay home and only leave for necessary reasons, yet contradict that precaution by allowing ICE agents to maintain its violent raids on communities. ICE conducted these raids from the very first day of the shelter-in-place recommendation, and persist as the virus spreads and the shelter-in-place order becomes even more urgent. This is not only cruel, it discourages people from staying home, discourages people from getting assistance if sick, and is a threat to the public health and safety of us all.
CAPITOL HIGHLIGHTS APRIL 8-9, 2019
- ICE Raids During COVID-19 Crisis Are Reprehensible
- California Senate Passes “Red Flag” Gun Law Activists Claim Violate Constitutional Rights
- California “Red Flag” Gun Bill to be Voted on in the Upcoming Weeks; Chills Free Speech, Violates Privacy, Due Process, and Cannabis Rights
- Does Facial Recognition’s Benefits Override Privacy?
- Proposed California Bill Would Mandate Priests Report Sexual Abuse Discussed in Confession